INCORPORATE YOUR PERSONAL
REAL ESTATE CORPORATION (PREC)
INCORPORATE A PERSONAL
REAL ESTATE CORP.
Done Right by Business Lawyers
Immediate Service. Competitive Pricing
Lawyer is Hands On
Job Done Today
- Work with an Incorporation Lawyer from start to finish
- Legal advice and guidance throughout the process
- Includes all filing fees and corporate organizational documents
- Efficient online process and quick turnaround times
- With pricing comparable to the “Do-it-Yourself” online services
Personal Service & Advice
All Inclusive Packages
Easy Process by Phone/Email
“We’ve helped many people incorporate in Ontario. If you have questions or need advice, feel free to call or email us. We offer a free 30 minute consultation.”
PERSONAL REAL ESTATE CORPORATIONS
$799 All Inclusive Pricing
OUR PACKAGE INCLUDES
Our Package Includes
- Electronic Minute Book
- Articles & Certificate of Incorporation
- Corporate By-Laws
- Director & Shareholder Resolutions
- Share Subscription & Share Certificates
- Registers & Ledgers
- E-signing with Docusign
- – Electronic Minute Book
- – Articles & Certificate of Incorporation
- – Supplemental Agreement
- – RECO Registrar Notification
- – Corporate By-Laws
- – Director & Shareholder Resolutions
- – Share Subscription & Share Certificates
- – Registers & Ledgers
- – Government Filing Fee
- – 3rd Party Fees Disbursements
- – Nuans Name Search
- – Business Number/Tax Accounts
- – Form 1 Initial Return filing
- – Legal Advice and Consultation
- – E-signing with Docusign
- Government Filing Fees
- 3rd Party Fees Disbursements
- Nuans Name Search
- CRA Business Number/Tax Accounts
- Form 1 Initial Return filing
- RECO Notification & Supplemental Agreement
- Legal Advice and Consultation
Very quick! I am very happy with Ordower Law. Matthew Ordower handled my needs directly. I needed to establish a corp. quickly and Ordower Law had my needs met efficiently and within the same morning that I called.
What a great experience! I made a query online, and got a response back in less than 20 minutes. The whole incorporation process literally took a few hours, and that included a personal discussion with Jana. I would describe the process as being easy and efficient. Of course, the price was right too. Highly recommended for entrepreneurs such as myself.
I was being helped by Matthew and I am extremely satisfied with his work. He is very responsive, helpful, and supportive. I needed an incorporation service and I could not recommend this firm more. I will definitely bring my business back to them in the future.
Wow! This is THE place to go for incorporation! Fabulous service! It was all done within a couple of hours, and I consulted with two lawyers and asked questions during the process. They express openness to questions in the future. I had a negative experience a few days ago with another on-line service ... It was a relief to find Ordower which offered prompt clarity from the website to the consultation. Highly recommend!
After viewing countless similar companies' websites and ads on google, I found "OrdowerLaw" through a google search. They are very responsive in their communication, courteous and pleasant, transparent in their dealings, effective and efficient in performing their job, and above all very affordable. They set up a Federal Corporation for me within one business day. I visited them once in their offices and explained them my requirements. they did everything and finished the job in one day. Roman and Mathew were really helpful!
I came across Ordower Law during my search for incorporating my company and all the review I read online is well deserved. My experience with Mathew, Jana and the team has been amazing. Ordower Law got my company incorporated federally less that 24 hrs and made is so easy and seamless, all over a phone call. If you are here reading the reviews 'cus you want to get started with your own company then I highly recommend Ordower Law. Thank you Ordower team for making it simple and easy with understanding the procedure and the laws, which is important for me as a new immigrant to this country and I am looking forward to a long term relationship for any legal services in future.
Great communication, knowledge, and advice. We incorporated my small business within a few hours. Highly recommend!
It was really a pleasure dealing with Matthew and Jana. They were very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Jana was extremely helpful in making sure that I understood various requirements and followed up a couple of times. I would strongly recommend Ordower Law.
Highly recommended!! After my initial phone call with Matthew, I knew the process of incorporating my business would be a breeze. Very professional, quick, and I really felt they had my best interest. Thanks again Matthew and Jana!
I worked with Jana to incorporate my business. The process was quick and stress-free leaving me amazed. She kept me informed every step of the way, calling to provide updates and making sure I knew all my options before we proceeded. As a new business owner having the Ordower Law team guide me through this process was very much appreciated and I would highly recommend them to everyone!
SOME FAQ’S ABOUT INCORPORATION
What are the tax advantages of incorporating a PREC?
The main tax advantages of incorporating a PREC is that your remuneration will be paid to the corporation and not you personally for tax purposes. And, your PREC will be eligible for the small business deduction on that income:
The small business deduction effectively lowers your corporate tax rate to about 12.5% on the first $500,000 that your company makes each year. It’s available on your active business income only (not income from passive investments) and is available to Canadian Controlled Private Companies (referred to as CCPC’s). Keep in mind that this is a deferral only meaning that once you pull money out of your company it becomes your personal income and is taxed at the marginal tax rates on your T1 return. To the extent that you can leave the earnings in the company, the deferral “lives” and you can use the additional money to grow and invest in your business.
There may be other tax benefits and you can always consult an accountant. If you need a referral to an accountant in your area, just let us know.
Can I use my PREC for business other than real estate?
There are no restrictions on the business the PREC may carry on except the following: Your PREC cannot carry on the business of trading in real estate other than providing the services of its controlling shareholder to a brokerage, which it may do only if all of the criteria and conditions prescribed by the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (Ontario) and its regulations for personal real estate corporations are satisfied.
What are the criteria for your corporation to be considered a PREC?
1. The corporation is incorporated or continued under the Ontario Business Corporations Act.
2. All of the equity shares of the corporation are owned, directly or indirectly, by the controlling shareholder. The controlling shareholder is the individual employed by the brokerage as a salesperson. Directly or Indirectly means that holding companies meeting certain criteria may be used.
3. The sole director of the corporation is the controlling shareholder.
4. The president, being the sole officer of the corporation, is the controlling shareholder.
5. Each non-equity share of the corporation is owned by the controlling shareholder or a permitted family member or permitted trust.
6. The controlling shareholder controls the business and affairs of the corporation and no written agreement changes that.
What conditions apply for your PREC to be exempt from registration?
The following conditions are prescribed for the purposes of the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002. These conditions are detailed and we are providing a brief summary only:
1. The controlling shareholder is employed by a brokerage to trade in real estate.
2. The PREC does not carry on the business of trading in real estate other than providing the services of its controlling shareholder to the brokerage.
3. You cannot represent to the public that you trade in real estate.
4. The PREC is not a brokerage.
5. Only the brokerage pays the PREC for trading in real estate, no other person.
6. The PREC does not hold funds in trust in connection with a real estate deal.
7. There is a written agreement between the PREC, the controlling shareholder and the brokerage governing the relationship between the brokerage and the corporation and its controlling shareholder and setting out certain specified matters such non-obstruction, cooperation and assistance.
Do I need a Section 85 Tax Rollover?
Speak to Your Accountant! There may be tax issues to consider in moving to a PREC. You may need to transfer the goodwill of your business to the PREC on a tax deferred basis by doing a Section 85 rollover. Ask your accountant about whether a Section 85 Rollover would be advisable in your circumstances. Our package does not include the rollover paperwork, however we can certainly help if this is required. Our typical fee to create the paperwork for a general goodwill rollover is $500.00 plus HST and your accountant will file the election form with CRA when required.
How long does it take to incorporate?
For Ontario corporations, the entire process can be completed within 2-3 business hours. That’s because the incorporation documents are filed automatically.